Effective as of February 18, 2019
Last Updated June 9, 2023
1. Personal Data We Collect
2. How We Use Your Personal Data
3. How We Share Your Personal Data
4. Opt-Out Preference Signals
6. Third-Party Links
7. Childrens Privacy
8. Notice to Nevada Residents
9. Notice to California Residents
11. How to Contact Us
- Personal Data We Collect
We collect personal data from you through your use of the Site and Services. Personal data is information that is linked or reasonably linkable to an identified or identifiable individual. We collect the following types of personal data:
Personal Data You Provide
We may collect the following personal data that you voluntarily provide to us in using our Site and Services:
- Register for an Account. To register for an account, you will provide us with your name, phone number, email address, and you will create a password for future login purposes.
- Sign In. When you sign into your account, you will provide us with your email address and password.
- Make a Payment. To make a payment online, you will sign into your account and provide your name, physical address, and bank account information, debit card information, or credit card information.
- Maintenance Requests. To submit a maintenance request, you will sign into your account and provide us with your physical address, email address, phone number, and any other information you choose to provide.
- Join the Interest List. To join an interest list, you will provide us with your name, email address, phone number, income information, household size, and any other information you choose to provide us with in your message.
- Submit an Application. To submit a resident application, you will provide us with your name, phone number, and you will create an account with a password. In your application, you will provide us with your income information, phone number, birth date, Social Security number, government identification, physical address, and asset information.
- Contact Us. If you contact us, you will provide us with your name, email address, phone number, and any other information you choose to provide us with in your message.
You may use your account to access, correct, or view certain personal data we have collected and which is associated with your account.
Personal Data as You Navigate Our Site
- Usage Information. For example, the pages on the Site you access, the frequency of access, and what you click on while on the Site.
- Device Information. For example, hardware model, operating system, application version number, and browser.
- Mobile Device Information. Aggregated information about whether the Site is accessed via a mobile device or tablet, the device type, and the carrier.
- Location Information. Location information from Site visitors on a city-regional basis.
Personal Data We Collect About You from Other Sources
In some cases, we may receive personal data about you from other sources. This includes credit bureaus and banks.
- How We Use Your Personal Data
We use the personal data we collect to provide the Services to you, to improve our Site and Services, and to protect our legal rights. In addition, we may use the personal data we collect to:
- How We Share Your Personal Data
We may share the personal data that we collect about you in the following ways:
- With vendors who perform data or Site-related services on our behalf (e.g., email, hosting, maintenance, backup, analysis, etc.);
- To the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- In connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
- To establish, exercise, or defend our or a third partys legal rights, including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention;
- With any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal data where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal data;
- With any other person or entity as part of any business or asset sale, equity transaction, merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, or in preparation for any of these events;
- With any other person or entity where you consent to the disclosure; and
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the personal data or for any other purpose we deem necessary, including to protect the health or safety of others.
- Opt-Out Preference Signals
The Site recognizes the Global Privacy Control (GPC) signal. If you are using a browser setting or plug-in that sends an opt-out preference signal to each website you visit, we will treat that as a valid request to opt out. To download and use a browser supporting the GPC browser signal, click here: https://globalprivacycontrol.org/orgs. If you choose to use the GPC signal, you will need to turn it on for each supported browser or browser extension you use.
Some internet browsers incorporate a Do Not Track feature that signals to websites you visit that you do not want to have your online activity tracked. Given that there is not a uniform way that browsers communicate the Do Not Track signal, the Site does not currently interpret, respond to or alter its practices when it receives Do Not Track signals.
We maintain commercially reasonable security measures to protect the personal data we collect and store from loss, misuse, destruction, or unauthorized access. However, no security measure or modality of data transmission over the Internet is 100% secure. Although we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee absolute security.
- Third-Party Links
The Site may contain links that will let you leave the Site and access another website. Linked websites are not under our control. We accept no responsibility or liability for these other websites.
- Childrens Privacy
The Site and Services are not intended for children under 13 years of age. We do not knowingly collect, use, or disclose personal data from children under 13.
- Notice to Nevada Residents
Nevada law allows Nevada residents to opt out of the sale of certain types of personal information. Subject to several exceptions, Nevada law defines sale to mean the exchange of certain types of personal information for monetary consideration to another person. We do not currently sell personal information as defined in the Nevada law. However, if you are a Nevada resident, you still may submit a verified request to opt out of sales and we will record your instructions and incorporate them in the future if our policy changes. You may send opt-out requests to [email protected].
- Notice to California Residents
The CCPA defines personal information to mean information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular California resident or household. Personal information does not include publicly available, deidentified or aggregated information or lawfully obtained, truthful information that is a matter of public concern. For purposes of this Notice to California Residents section we will refer to this information as Personal Information.
Notice at Collection of Personal Information
- Identifiers (name, postal address, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, Social Security number, drivers license number)
- Unique personal identifiers (device identifier; cookies, beacons, pixel tags, mobile ad identifiers, or other similar technology; customer number, unique pseudonym or user alias; telephone numbers, or other forms of persistent or probabilistic identifiers that can be used to identify a particular consumer or device)
- Personal information described in Californias Customer Records statute (California Civil Code 1798.80(e)) (telephone number, education, employment, employment history, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information, including income information, as well as the categories listed in Identifiers category above)
- Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law (age (40 and older)
- Internet or other electronic network activity information (browsing history; search history; and information regarding consumers interaction with website, application or advertisement)
- Geolocation data
We collect Personal Information directly from California residents and from credit bureaus and banks. We do not collect all categories of Personal Information from each source.
In addition to the purposes stated above in the section How We Use Your Personal Data we currently collect and have collected the above categories of Personal Information for the following business or commercial purposes:
Sale, Sharing, and Disclosure of Personal Information
Category of Personal Information
Categories of Third Parties
Unique personal identifiers (device identifier; cookies, beacons, pixel tags, mobile ad identifiers, or other similar technology; customer number, unique pseudonym or user alias; telephone numbers, or other forms of persistent or probabilistic identifiers that can be used to identify a particular consumer or device)
Advertising network; data analytics provider
We sold or shared Personal Information to third parties to advance our commercial and economic interests.
Category of Personal Information
Categories of Recipients
Identifiers (name, postal address, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, Social Security number, drivers license number)
Data storage providers; property management software provider; social service provider
Personal information described in Californias Customer Records statute (California Civil Code 1798.80(e)) (telephone number, education, employment, employment history, bank account number, credit card number, or any other financial information, including income information)
Property management software provider; social service provider
Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law (age (40 and older)
Property management software provider
We disclosed Personal Information for the following business or commercial purposes:
- Debugging to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality
- Performing services, including maintaining or servicing accounts, providing customer service, verifying customer information, or providing similar services
- Undertaking activities to verify or maintain the quality or safety of a service and to improve, upgrade, or enhance the service
We do not knowingly collect, sell, or share the Personal Information of consumers under 16 years of age. We do not use Sensitive Personal Information for purposes other than those allowed by the CCPA and its regulations.
We retain your Personal Information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which we collect it, such as to provide you with the service you have requested, and for the purpose of satisfying any legal, accounting, contractual, or reporting requirements that apply to us.
If you are a California resident, you have the following rights with respect to your Personal Information:
- The right to know what Personal Information we have collected about you, including the categories of Personal Information, the categories of sources from which we collected Personal Information, the business or commercial purpose for collecting, selling or sharing Personal Information (if applicable), the categories of third parties to whom we disclose Personal Information (if applicable), and the specific pieces of Personal Information we collected about you;
- The right to delete Personal Information that we collected from you, subject to certain exceptions;
- The right to correct inaccurate Personal Information that we maintain about you;
- If we sell or share Personal Information, the right to opt out of the sale or sharing;
- If we use or disclose sensitive Personal Information for purposes other than those allowed by the CCPA and its regulations, the right to limit our use or disclosure; and
- The right not to receive discriminatory treatment by us for the exercise of privacy rights the CCPA confers.
How to Submit a Request to Know, Delete, and/or Correct
You may submit a request to know, delete, and/or correct by emailing us at [email protected] or by calling us toll free at 1-888-992-1761.
If you are submitting a request on behalf of a California resident, please submit the request through one of the designated methods discussed above. After submitting the request, and if the request is not subject to an exemption or exception, we will require additional information to verify your authority to act on behalf of the California resident.
Our Process for Verifying a Request to Know, Delete, and/or Correct
We will comply with your request upon verification of your identity and, to the extent applicable, the identity of the California resident on whose behalf you are making such request.
We will verify your identity either to a reasonable degree of certainty or a reasonably high degree of certainty depending on the sensitivity of the Personal Information and the risk of harm to you by unauthorized disclosure, deletion, or correction as applicable. To do so, we will ask you to verify data points based on information we have in our records concerning you.
Right to Opt Out of Sale or Sharing of Personal Information
If you are a California resident, you have the right to direct us to stop selling or sharing your Personal Information.
You may submit a request to opt out of sales or sharing by opting out by clicking the green Cookie icon in the bottom lefthand corner. If you have enabled privacy controls on your browser (such as a plugin), we will also treat that as a valid request to opt out. Please see the Opt-Out Preference Signals section above for more information.
We do not disclose personal information obtained through our Site[s] or Services to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. Accordingly, we have no obligations under California Civil Code 1798.83.
- How to Contact Us
To contact us for questions or concerns about our privacy policies or practices please email us at [email protected].